Whether you’ve lived in Seattle for years or are only in town for a few days, the Ride the Ducks of Seattle is a great way to get outside, breathe some fresh air, and see all that Seattle has to offer.
In this post, we’ll explore what Ride the Ducks of Seattle are, how they can give you a unique perspective into the Emerald City, and how Starline’s limo service can help make the experience even more enjoyable.
What are “Ducks?”
Ducks (originally named DUKW by the Army) are WWII-era military amphibious vehicles that effortlessly roll along the ground, but also double as a boat. In fact, when it’s time to transition from land to water, Ducks simply roll in or out.
While these vehicles were originally intended to transport cargo and personnel from ships at sea to land, they now can transport you to Seattle destinations in a whole new fun and exciting way!
What is the Ride the Ducks of Seattle Tour?
Loved by locals and tourists alike, Seattle Duck Tours give you and your family the opportunity to experience all the hottest areas of Seattle, including the Waterfront, Pike Place Market, the downtown shopping district, and even Lake Union.
All Duck tours are guided by Coast Guard certified captains known for their upbeat personalities, intimate knowledge of Seattle, and wacky sense of humor.
Each Seattle Duck Tour lasts about 90 minutes, and covers approximately 20 miles. Throughout the tour you’ll be energized by music, challenged by Seattle-based trivia, and entertained by lighthearted jokes. For full route information, please click here.
Lake Union. View from onboard the duck.
Ride the Ducks of Seattle Tips
Here are some quick tips you can use to make your Seattle Duck Tour as awesome as possible:
- Peak season for Seattle Duck Tours is July and August, which means that it’s generally a good idea to purchase tickets in advance in order to reserve your seat—especially on weekends.
- As mentioned above, Seattle Duck Tours are located at the Seattle and Westlake Centers, which are ideally situated by some of the city’s most popular destinations, including the Space Needle, Monorail, and more. This means that you and your family can enjoy a wide variety of activities before and after your Duck Tour.
- Even during the beautiful Seattle summer, there are times when it can become chilly. As a result, it’s generally a good idea to bring a jacket or light blanket along with you. However, the company claims that you won’t get wet during your tour, so there’s no need to bring a poncho or a change of clothes.
- If you’re celebrating a special event (e.g. birthday, anniversary, graduation, etc.), be sure to let customer service know when you’re picking up your tickets, and expect a fun surprise during your tour!
- There are no bathrooms onboard the ducks, so the company always recommends that you “go before you go.”
- If you’re especially tall, you may want to avoid sitting directly behind the Captain, as these seats feature less legroom.
How Can Starline Help You Enjoy the Ducks of Seattle?
Although Seattle Duck Tours are offered 362 days per year, they depart from the Seattle Center and Westlake Center, both of which are located in very congested areas of downtown.
As such, Starline Town Car & Limousine can pick you up from your hotel—or, if you’re local—directly from your home, giving you the ability to enjoy your Duck Tour without having to worry about parking, and in as hassle free a manner as possible.
Are You Ready to Experience Seattle Duck Tours in Comfort?
Whether it’s just you or your whole family; winter or summer; rain or shine, our Seattle limousine service can make the experience as hassle-free as possible. Our diverse fleet of vehicles and industry leading customer service ensure that you’ll always be comfortable, and that you’ll always arrive on time.
When you’re ready to focus on having fun, whether it’s at a Seattle Duck Tour or anything else around town, instead of worrying about how you’ll get there, give Starline a call today at (206) 261-1191.